Chattanooga Personal Injury Attorneys
Fighting for Clients Throughout Tennessee
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may wish to explore your options for recovering compensation. If you are accused of negligent conduct or if someone is injured on your property, you may be concerned about the possibility of legal action.
We are prepared to offer the results-oriented legal advocacy you deserve when you are injured or sued for causing injuries. Our team at Kuebler Sanders Law understands how to handle these cases from both sides and will work tirelessly to secure a favorable outcome.
If you are involved in any type of injury-causing accident, do not wait to call (423) 427-4498 or contact us online. Same-day appointments are available.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
When it comes to handling personal injury claims, we can walk you through your legal options when you are involved in just about any type of injury-causing accident.
Our Chattanooga personal injury attorneys can assist you with claims involving:
- Car Wrecks. Car crashes can result in catastrophic injuries and substantial property damage. Participants in an accident must promptly report the wreck to the police, their insurance carrier, and potentially the state’s Commissioner of Safety. An injured party may attempt to sue another driver if they believe their negligent conduct caused the accident.
- Slip and Fall Incidents. Property owners owe a legal duty of care to patrons and visitors. When unsafe property conditions result in injury, the injured party may attempt to hold the property owner accountable in a premises liability lawsuit. One of the most prominent types of premises liability accidents involves someone “slipping and falling” on a slick or uneven surface.
- Dog Bites. A dog owner can potentially be held liable for an attack if they knew or should have known that their animal was likely to bite someone and failed to take reasonable precautions to prevent an attack.
- Wrongful Death. If an accident kills someone, the deceased’s loved ones have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
How Personal Injury Claims Work in Tennessee
Personal injury lawsuits are subject to Tennessee’s statute of limitations. In most cases, an injured party will have only one year from the date of the accident to bring a claim. If a claim is exclusively seeking compensation for property damage, an injured party will generally have up to three years to file a lawsuit. A wrongful death lawsuit must be filed within one year of the victim’s passing.
Tennessee is a comparative negligence state. This means the jury will evaluate each party’s role in causing the accident when evaluating a personal injury lawsuit.
The jury will ultimately assign a percentage of fault to each party, and your percentage of fault will determine how much compensation you can potentially recover. If you are suing a property owner for injuries and the jury decides you are 20% responsible for causing a slip and fall incident, for example, any damage award will be reduced by 20%. If you are found to be 50% or more at fault for causing an accident, you will not be able to recover any damages.
If you were harmed in an accident, our Chattanooga personal injury attorneys can fight to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Missed or lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Punitive damages
Why Hire a Chattanooga Personal Injury Lawyer
Hiring an experienced Chattanooga personal injury lawyer can prove beneficial in more ways than one. For starters, their knowledge of the law can help you receive the compensation and justice you deserve. We also offer free case consultations, so you'll have a fair and comprehensive discussion with legal counsel early in the process.
Our team at Kuebler Sanders Law is made up of seasoned civil litigators who are never afraid to go to court. We can also pursue and negotiate out-of-court settlements. Whether you have suffered injuries or someone has been injured on your property, we are prepared to provide the knowledgeable guidance you need to protect your interests and move forward.
Call (423) 427-4498 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation with our Chattanooga personal injury lawyers today.