Chattanooga Business Attorneys
Sophisticated Legal Support in Tennessee
As experienced business owners, our business lawyers in Chattanooga understand that starting and running a company can be immensely difficult. At Kuebler Sanders Law, we strive to offer our clients prompt and personal attention with quick and economical solutions.
Whether you are brand new, adding employees, crossing state lines, have a dispute to resolve, need contracts to void disputes, our Chattanooga business lawyers can meet your unique needs. We have 70 years of combined business experience and are committed to protecting your and your venture’s interests.
We can set your business up for success. Schedule a free initial consultation with a Chattanooga business law attorney by calling (423) 427-4498 or contacting us online.
A Comprehensive Suite of Commercial Services
At Kuebler Sanders Law, PLLC our business lawyers in Chattanooga are passionate about being your advisor and will work to support your business in all of its endeavors. Our firm is also more than happy to fight for the little guy and is proud to offer tailored plans with special pricing.
Many LLC owners and members do not have adequate liability protection, potentially putting everything they own at risk. To protect personal assets from claims and lawsuits against your business, you must abide by the law’s formalities and practices to maintain the liability protection your company theoretically gives you. This will involve more than registering your business’s name.
Our Chattanooga business attorneys can assist you with:
- Business Formation and Liability Protection. If you are creating a new business, we can evaluate your goals and recommend the business entity type that best supports them. We are well-versed in forming limited partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs), and corporations. Our team will ensure you understand the extent and conditions of the personal liability your business entity confers and complete all applicable formalities.
- Contract Drafting and Review. If you have been presented with a complicated contract or lease, our skilled team can carefully analyze the document’s language and help you understand its content. We can also assist with drafting, negotiating, and finalizing new contracts.
- Angry Employees, Customers, and Clients. Did you just get off the phone with someone important to the well-being of your business? No matter the nature of the conflict, we can quickly analyze the situation and walk you through your rights, risks, and obligations.
- New Equipment. When you purchase new company equipment, you need to have a precise understanding of who exactly owns an asset and what will happen if an ownership dispute develops.
- Insurance. Unexpected liability can sink an otherwise healthy company. No matter your size or industry, every business needs sufficient insurance coverage. Our team at Kuebler Sanders Law can review your operations and recommend the appropriate policy types and levels of coverage.
- Accounting. Many companies are required to make routine financial disclosures to regulatory authorities. We can assist with your books and maintain compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal requirements.
- Asset Management. Our legal professionals can help you take steps to maximize the value of your company’s assets.
- Manuals. It is almost certainly in your company’s best interests to determine and communicate acceptable standards of conduct. We can help your business establish “best practices” through the drafting and implementation of company and employee handbooks.
- Taxes. Your business’s entity type will determine how it is taxed. Our firm is familiar with how to prepare limited partnership, LLC, and corporate tax returns.
- Payroll Procedures. Your company must carefully follow all applicable wage and hour laws to avoid financial penalties and unnecessary liability. We can work with your payroll department to verify compliance at each stage of the process. Our team can also help your business implement reliable mechanisms and protocols.
Contact us online or call (423) 427-4498 to learn more about how our Chattanooga business lawyers can take your company to the next level. Same-day appointments are available.
Business Formation in Tennessee
How Should I Organize My Business?
If you are forming a business, there are 4 ways to organize it. The formation that is best for your company depends on many things:
- The size of your business
- How much control you want to have
- Your expected profits & losses
- If you will re-invest your earnings into the business
- If your business will be vulnerable to lawsuits, and more
What Are the 4 Types of Business Organization?
The four basic forms of business organization are:
- Sole Proprietorship - sometimes known as “individual entrepreneurship” this type of business formation is suitable for an enterprise which is owned and run by one person, and there is no distinction between the owner and the business entity. The owner pays income tax on their business profits.
- Partnerships - this is when a company is owned and/or run by two or more people or entities. The partners will invest money into the business and will also share the profits and losses of the company.
- Corporations - sometimes called a “C corp,” a corporation is separate from its owners. It is owned by shareholders and managed by a board of directors who appoint officers who oversee the daily operations of the business. This type of organization offers the most protection to owners because corporations can make a profit, be taxed, and are held legally liable, and are separate from owners. This type of structure is more expensive compared to other the others.
- Limited Liability Company (LLC) - this business formation is a combination of sole proprietorship, partnership, and corporation. It offers owners liability protection, a flexible management structure, and there certain advantages in taxes.
If you are forming a business in Tennessee and are not sure which structure will work best for you, reach out to experienced Chattanooga business lawyers at Kuebler Sanders Law, PLLC. We are skilled legal advocates who proudly serve the people and businesses of Tennessee. Back by more than 70 years of experienced combined, we are prepared to help you decide which business structure will work best for you. Give us a call today!