Chattanooga Civil Litigation Attorneys
Skilled Litigators Serving Clients Throughout Tennessee
Unfortunately, not all disputes can be resolved through negotiation or mediation. If you find yourself at an impasse, a civil lawsuit may be your only recourse for protecting your interests and moving forward.
Our team at Kuebler Sanders Law is made up of aggressive litigators who will do everything possible to secure a favorable outcome in your case. Whether your conflict involves construction, real estate, or personal injury, our Chattanooga civil litigation lawyers have been there and done that. We have 70 years of combined business experience and can provide the hands-on representation you deserve.
If you are considering pursuing legal action or have been named in a lawsuit, do not hesitate to call (423) 427-4498 or contact us online. We offer free initial consultations.
What Is Civil Litigation?
Civil litigation is the court process through which one or more parties seek to resolve a dispute. Civil lawsuits are not criminal matters, though a case can in some situations warrant criminal charges and civil legal action.
To initiate civil litigation, the aggrieved party will file a “complaint” with the applicable court. The complaint will name one or more defendants and explain what they did (or did not do) and how their conduct harmed the claimant. The defendant(s) will have an opportunity to respond to, or “answer,” the allegations contained in the complaint. Depending on the substance of the answer, the claimant may also issue an additional “reply.” At this point, the defendant’s legal team may also move to dismiss part or the entirety of the lawsuit.
After pleadings have been entered, the discovery process will begin. Both parties will gather information and testimony, request and review evidence, and conduct depositions. Discovery tends to last until a trial can be scheduled.
A civil trial may or may not involve a jury. If there is no jury, the judge will decide the outcome of the case. Similar to criminal proceedings, a civil trial will involve both legal teams delivering opening statements, presenting evidence, interviewing witnesses, and making closing arguments.
Our Chattanooga civil litigation attorneys can confidently guide you through each stage of the process. If necessary, we can also help you explore all appeals options.
A civil lawsuit may not necessarily be the best method for resolving your dispute. Mediation is often a more efficient and cost-effective alternative to litigation. In mediation, disputing parties will work with a neutral third party to discuss the issues at hand and attempt to reach an agreeable settlement. Michael Kuebler is a Tennessee Supreme Court as a Rule 31 Civil Mediator to conduct sessions as a trained mediator and can assist you with these matters.
Civil Cases We Handle
At Kuebler Sanders Law, we are prepared to advocate for you in many types of civil disputes. When you come to us for guidance, we will carefully analyze your situation, identify potential legal remedies, and be straightforward when discussing each strategy’s likelihood of success. Our firm values open communication, and you will have direct access to our attorneys throughout our handling of your case.
Our Chattanooga civil litigation lawyers can represent you in cases involving:
- Construction Law. We have an extensive background in the construction industry and are prepared to handle disputes involving breaches of contract, weather delays, construction defects, differing site conditions, mechanic’s liens, compliance issues, and more.
- Real Estate Law. Our team can fight for both buyers and sellers in cases involving failures to disclose defects, false information, title defects, breaches of contract (including purchase and sale agreements), escrow issues, boundary disputes, and other residential and commercial real estate transaction problems.
- Business Law. Our firm assists businesses of all sizes and throughout all stages of their lifecycles. Our services include helping entrepreneurs and business leaders take steps to minimize liability exposure. When litigation is unavoidable, we are prepared to advocate for businesses in matters involving breaches of contract, personal injury, commercial real estate, corporate conflicts, partnership disputes, misappropriation of trade secrets, intellectual property violations, economic torts, and more.
- Personal Injury. When someone is injured due to another party’s negligence, they have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit and attempt to recover compensation for damages. We represent both claimants and defendants in personal injury claims involving automobile accidents, dog bites, premises liability incidents, wrongful death, and more.
- Estate Planning. Certain types of probate conflicts may require litigation to resolve. Interested parties can contest the validity of wills and, in some cases, trusts. We can assist both claimants and personal representatives of the deceased with these matters.
Contact us online or call (423) 427-4498 to discuss your case with our team. Same-day appointments are available.