Seasoned Legal Representation in Tennessee
When navigating an issue of construction law, you need a legal professional that understands the ins and outs of the industry. Whether you are building a high-rise or are embroiled in a dispute with a subcontractor, our team at Kuebler Sanders Law has been there and done that.
Our Chattanooga construction lawyers have many decades of experience in this area and can provide the hands-on representation you need to succeed. We have constructed properties throughout the United States and have participated in projects as:
- Business Owners
- General contractors
These varied perspectives make us a smart choice for contractors and owners alike. We are ready to advocate for you and will provide your case with the sophisticated level of attention it deserves.
Many construction-related issues can be proactively avoided through preventative measures. Some disputes are inevitable, however. When a conflict arises, you can bet we have dealt with that issue, that argument, or that problem. Our team at Kuebler Sanders Law can offer the fierce advocacy you need to efficiently resolve whatever dispute you are facing. We know how to apply nickel solutions to nickel problems, and, if necessary, we are prepared to litigate and win.
Our Chattanooga construction attorneys can assist you with matters involving:
- Contract Drafting and Review. Whenever you participate in a construction project, you need a legal agreement that defines your rights and obligations, even if the other participants are trusted friends. Contractual language should be straightforward and easy to understand. We can help you write, review, negotiate, finalize, and enforce construction-related contracts.
- OSHA Compliance. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) enforces a variety of regulations that apply to construction worksites. Our team can ensure your worksite is in full compliance and take immediate steps to resolve any issues.
- Insurance. If you are a contractor or subcontractor, our firm can help recommend the appropriate level of general liability insurance. If you are a property owner, we can advise on the applicable course of construction and workers’ compensation insurance policies.
- Manuals. To limit the likelihood of an accident and resulting potential liability, we can assist construction professionals with the drafting and implementation of “best practices” manuals and other published safety protocols.
- Changed Site Conditions. A worker, contractor, or subcontractor may discover an unexpected problem that may jeopardize their ability to complete a construction project on time and/or on budget. Changed site conditions may prompt a proposal to change the scope of work, and this request may be contested by the property owner. Our team can help both sides explore their options for resolving these disputes.
- Construction Defects. Deficiencies in a building’s construction can result in serious issues, including property damage, financial losses, and physical injuries. Developers, contractors, and subcontractors can potentially be held accountable for problems with a project’s design, materials, and construction. We can help property owners explore litigation. Our firm also represents construction professionals in these cases and can advise on how to proactively avoid liability.
- Weather Delays. No one controls the weather, and a series of adverse events can result in unavoidable delays. Ideally, construction professionals will account for this possibility in their contracts. If weather delays lead to a contractual conflict, we can work with both sides to evaluate potential solutions.
- Mechanic’s Liens. General contractors, subcontractors, laborers, suppliers, architects, and engineers all have the right to file mechanic’s liens against a property when the owner fails to compensate them for their work. In Tennessee, a construction professional must follow certain rules and meet specific deadlines to successfully file a mechanic’s lien. Our Chattanooga construction lawyers are prepared to help construction professionals exercise their rights and secure the payment they deserve. We can also advise property owners on how to avoid and efficiently resolve mechanic’s liens.